Low - Calorie Sweetener
A low-calorie sweetener provides consumer with a sweet taste without the calories or carbohydrates that come with sugar and other caloric sweeteners.
- It prevents dental carries
- It can assist in weight management
- It is beneficial to people with diabetes
- It can be used as part of an overall healthy diet
- It is made from sugar, it tastes like sugar and no after taste.
- It is about 600 times sweeter than sugar
- It is use to eliminate or reduce calories in a wide variety of products.
- Is very stable and products maintain their sweetness during cooking, baking and throughout their shelf-life.
- Is approved for use as a general purpose sweetener.
- It is called as neosugar or short–chain FOS and is produced on a commercial scale from sucrose using fructosyltrnsferase enzyme.
- It is 0.8 times sweeter than sugar and contributes less than 1 calorie per gram.
- It looks and tastes like honey but resistant to digestion and hence contributes very low calories to the body.
- It has excellent stability and quality taste.
- It has been approved Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS).